Hi, I am Christine, founder of the supplements for mental health website and experience.
This website is all about supplements that work for you, like they worked for me. That's why I started this website, SupplementsforMentalHealth.com. My own story of overcoming severe depression, anxiety, and chronic back pain started with a custom supplement strategy.
But let's start at the beginning...
Having been a physician and naturopath myself, going through mental health to the extent that I nearly committed suicide, accepting help was hard - to say the least.
I did what most of us do - went to my family doctor, who then referred me to a psychiatrist...
And like for most of us, when I was going through my own mental health challenges (severe depression and schizoaffective disorder), my doctors dispensed the standard treatment: Medication and a psychotherapy.
It helped some, but not enough. I was "existing", not thriving.
How Supplements Changed My Life
This all changed when I discovered the power of nutritional supplements.
Over 10 years of struggle, I had to do a lot of research and a lot of trial and error to find what supplements would work for me.
Eventually I found the right combination of vitamins, minerals, fats, herbs, amino acids and probiotics that gave me the energy I craved, lifted my mood, reduced medication side effects and overall improved my general health and put me in a position to actually implement the changes in my life that I knew I needed to do:
To change my nutrition, food, cooking, clean out the clutter around and inside me, repair past and started new relationships and eventually started a business to become financially independent.
Eventually I felt great and could gradually reduce - and then stop - all pharmaceuticals.
I am on a Mission to Improve Mental Health
I want to make mental health care more effective, affordable, more self-directed and I want to empower people suffering with depression, anxiety, stress, or ADHD to take control of their health, take action and get well and - if desired - to explore the use of nutritional supplements safely to help them do so.
Mental Health really has 5 Dimensions: physical, mental, social, spiritual and financial. When I studied with Dr. Daniel Amen MD, a psychiatrist and pioneer in how Brain Health affect Mental Health, things started to make sense again and I was able to find the missing pieces of my health and life puzzle and reconstruct my "broken" brain and unhappy life.
You will find many of the supplements he researched together with his team of scientists and found so valuable that he uses them daily for his patients. I use them myself every day. And if you live in the US or Canada, you can use them, too. You will find reviews of many of them on this site.
This is not rocket science!
With the help of supplements that work for you, you, too, can get more energy, eliminate brain fog and fatigue, lift your mood, reduce anxiety and get focused, basically improve all aspects of your mental health - all with the help of natural supplements, and later on lifestyle and nutrition changes. Even therapy or counseling (or mental health coaching) works better once you are on the right "nutrient orchestra"
Now, to make it clear: I do not want you to stop your medications. NEVER change your medications without asking your doctor first. I want you to use a good therapist, counselor or mental health coach in addition to supplement and lifestyle changes. Not sure who to use? This article may help you to decide:
I am trained as a physician, a naturopath, and a Brain and Mental Health Coach and Brain Trainer (and a few more things). I know science, medicine, nature AND I know supplements.
I work in the mental health field because it is close to my heart. Not just because of me, but because I met so many people who are suffering with the regular, insufficient therapies out there.
I have seen so many people who are trying this and that supplement without success and get frustrated by side effects or no effects, or they are giving up too early, just because they didn't know how to do it right.
As a member of the ISOM (International Society of Orthomolecular Medicine), the Life Extension Foundation and other associations I constantly learn the newest science of the benefits - and risks of nutritional supplements when it comes to mental health.
I helped myself to get well with nutritional supplements. Now I am on a mission to help you and others that are still suffering to do the same. This website reflects all I learned in my over 40 years in healthcare about nutritional supplements and mental health.
It is simple to start using supplements, but you need to know a few basic things to not get hurt, as even "natural" things have possible side effects.
And you need to know a bit more to use them effectively so you reap the most benefits possible for the least cost.
My Goal is Your Goal
What I am sharing here is for you, if you want to:
- learn about benefits and risks of natural supplements, like vitamins, minerals, fats, amino acids, herbs, spices, essential oils, homeopathic preparations and others
- learn to use supplements safely and efficiently
- learn how to assess if a certain supplement works for you (or if it really has no effect or harmful side effects for you)
- understand the ingredients and basic bio-chemistry of supplements better, read labels and be able to understand why and how they work (or don't work), what chemical form you need and what the usual dosage is and what amount or dosage may be right for you
- know the correct way to combine different nutritional supplements, when fixed combinations are good (and when better to combine single nutrients)
- know what supplements to take - or not to take - with certain foods, drinks or medications
- learn to make your own "nutrient orchestra", based on your individual nutrient needs and body composition
- be able to compare prices of supplements on the market in relation to the possible effects and benefits
- learn how supplements can work with or against pharmaceutical drugs
- learn how to safely reduce pharmaceutical drugs and/or replace them with nutritional supplements
- learn to assess your genetic makeover and brain metabolism
- know where you can turn if you run into road blocks
- get practical help to make a supplement plan and stick to it
- get practical tips on how to remember taking them, how to travel with supplements and how to take them with you
- get support to choose reputable brands in your area
If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you out.
All the best,
Dr. Christine Sauer and Team
P.S. An Insider Tip:
Financial health is Part of Mental Health...
Want to become financially independent with the BEST platform I found? A website that contains all you need to start - for FREE? (Yes, I couldn't believe it either when I first started - this website is built on it).
You get all the training, and all the resources you need, including a website, emails etc. for FREE. And it is super good, easy to understand and foolproof, IF you follow the instructions.
It is called WealthyAffiliates, and the community on the platform contain over 2.4 Million members - and they all are there to help each other - and you if you choose to.
So, you have nothing to lose. Head over now - no obligations!
Just click this link to start for FREE:
Join our Special mailing list
Sign up for our weekly email newsletter to receive the latest articles, product reviews and special offers.